Wednesday, August 18, 2010

wouldn't it be Nietzsche?

There cannot be a God because if there were one, 
I could not believe that I was not He.

Whenever I feel sad, disappointed or a little troubled, Friedrich Nietzsche quotes always get my hopes up. Maybe his carefree thoughts, his unflinching dispositions amuse me, maybe his views intrigue me and perhaps he just talks to me. 

I am very aware that if ever Nietzsche is alive and can read this, he will be disgusted by my fondness of him, and partly it consoles me that he is dead now. I am someone who is not so generous when it comes to fondness and affection, a slight slip can make me render a person mute and worthless. I detest the labels associated with human connection.

On one of my search, I came upon the site featuring The Nietzsche Family. It shows cartoons of a family quoting Nietzsche's works. I find the site fascinating and helpful -- it gives Nietzsche the cuteness most people will not attribute to him. 

In this particular cartoon on my page, the little girl asks the existence of god and why can't she be the god. This poses an argument on the qualities of a god, and what standard is keeping the human from achieving such status, if you may call it that. I can expound on this but I know I will just bore you. lol.

All I know is that Nietzsche is one of the most notable and admirable philosopher for me. I will try to post more about this guy and other philosophers as well.



For more Nietzsche quotes and the like here are some sites that I find helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4pCRwIUDgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment